Thursday, December 24, 2009

My 14 yr old wants a boyfriend.... i say no. and now shes mad. what should i do?

i shouldnt give in just cause shes mad. but the truth of the matter is a popular boy likes her and she said yes to being his girl. he writes to her myspace talking about how he loves her and happy to hae her in her life. i let her know that she is not allowed yet to have a boyfriend and that she could continue being friends and with time she could date when she was little older. she is now mad at me for ruining her "social life"! i feel if the boy really likes her he'd wait and if not she would see his true self by just being friends. on his myspace is a bunch of girls telling him how hot he is and dont want my daughter wit a "jiggilo" type. shes beautiful and very smart (straight A's and in advance classes) and from the look of his pics, he seems thuggish.



i am not one to judge people by looks or anything like that but i feel like being that i know all her friends (girls and boys) y is this the 1st time i hear of him after she told me she's known him for a yr and a half. what 2 do?



My 14 yr old wants a boyfriend.... i say no. and now shes mad. what should i do?

let her have her little boyfriend, i had my first boyfriend when i was 14 and all we did was hold hands and kiss occasionally. Its all very innocent. I know you want to protect her and you should do this by explaining what sex is to her, what protection (condoms are), and why she shouldnt have sex until she is older. By informing her of these facts you are protecting her and helping her to be a woman.



Dont ban her from exploring boys, she will eventually, with or without your permission. Its very important to create boundaries like what time she should be home etc at this age, and its important to teach her about sex. Let her know that she can talk to you about her boyfriends etc, dont make her lie to you, because she will eventually. Hope this helps, i just want you to know that she will be his girl whether you say its ok or not, the most important thing is that you let her know that she doesnt have to lie to you, that she can be open and honest with you and you will not be too strict. hope this helps.



My 14 yr old wants a boyfriend.... i say no. and now shes mad. what should i do?

Well I myself am your daughters age so I dont know if this will help.



Maybe she feels the need to be accepted.



Maybe having that boyfriend would help her acheive that.



As long as things dont get tooooo serious it may be okay.



Idk tho



:/



My 14 yr old wants a boyfriend.... i say no. and now shes mad. what should i do?

Either you, the child, asked this question yourself, or you write like a 14 year old.



Point out that she's proving the point by throwing a temper tantrum.



And if you think I read every word of that, you're nuts.



My 14 yr old wants a boyfriend.... i say no. and now shes mad. what should i do?

if those are the rules then stick to them. My parents had the rule that I wasn't allowed to date until I'm 16, and I'm glad they did. I would have had EVEN MORE heartaches! That'd be bad.



And boyfriends are not treats for good behavior, or toys. you can't just 'give' them to your daughter. keep in mind for every boy your daughter ends up dating, there's another set of worried parents, wondering if they're doing the right thing. stand by your principles. she'll thank you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone