Monday, December 28, 2009

Good online tech community/site, with a good user base?

I'm looking for a good online tech community or site I can belong to and visit daily regarding computer security, Windows tips/tricks, the latest and greatest in technology...things like that. I need an online "home", some place that's "happening" if you know what I mean, or a cool IRC chat room where there's an actual conversation going on. I've tried:



experts-exchange - didn't like it



2600 - cool site, but didn't do it for me, plus they have no local meetings in my area



attrition - cool site, the layout is confusing for me



antionline - didn't do it for me



textamerica - a lot of people dropped off since its no longer free



happyhacker - chat doesn't work, didn't really like the site



java.net - it's not doing it for me



I'm not looking for some hacker site where everyone wants to hack some NSA computer..but not some site where the hot topic is "How to set up Zone Alarm". Help, where do you guys hang out? (no myspace, facebook, or orkut please)



This site is good, but is there more?



Good online tech community/site, with a good user base?

http://www.slashdot.org



http://www.anandtech.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone